Emily joined Becker & Lee LLP in 2015 and has experience with both employment-based and family-based immigration petitions. Emily graduated from the University of California, Davis School of Law and is a member of California State Bar. She holds a Bachelor’s degree in International Development and a minor in Spanish Language & Literature from the University of California, Berkeley.
Her employment-based immigration practice includes filing EB-1 immigrant visa petitions, EB-2 National Interest Waiver petitions, PERM labor certifications, I-140 petitions, and non-immigrant visa petitions including but not limited to H-1B, E-3, TN, L-1, and O-1 petitions. Emily also represents clients on naturalization and asylum applications.
Prior to joining Becker & Lee LLP, Emily worked primarily in employment-based immigration. During law school, Emily worked with non-profit organizations representing victims of domestic violence, victims of violent crimes, and LGBT individuals seeking asylum. She also worked in the U.C. Davis Immigration Law Clinic, providing services to undocumented youth and victims of domestic violence in removal proceedings.
Emily has worked and volunteered with community groups and hospitals in Honduras and Mexico. She is proficient in Spanish.
- “Screening TPS Recipients For Eligibility For Employment-Based Cases, “ Becker & Lee LLP, CARECEN of Northern CA, & AILA NorCal, San Francisco, California, December 11, 2017.
Honors, Awards and Positions
- Rising Star – Northern California Super Lawyers (2022)
- CBP Liaison, AILA NorCal (2022 – present)
- DMV Liaison, AILA NorCal (2021 – 2022)
- Co-Director of Continuing Legal Education for the American Immigration Lawyers Association of Northern California (“AILA NorCal”) (2019-2021)
- Co-Coordinator, New Members Division for AILA NorCal (2017-2019)
- Co-Chair of the Immigration Section of the San Francisco Bar Association’s Barristers Club (2015-2017)
- Council member of the UC Davis School of Law Immigration Law Clinic Alumni Council (ILCAC) (2014-2016)