At Becker & Lee LLP, we believe that every person deserves fair treatment by the U.S. immigration system, regardless of their sexual orientation. Our attorneys are committed to protecting the legal and immigration rights of all people, including LGBTQIA individuals. We help address a range of LGBTQIA immigration issues, such as gay marriage green cards and LGBTQIA asylum.
Committed To LGBTQIA Immigration Rights
We actively serve the LGBTQIA community through volunteering, leadership positions and teaching engagements. Our attorneys have:
- Served as mentors and volunteer attorneys on immigration cases among LGBTQIA for the National Center for Lesbian Rights (NCLR) and the Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights
- Served as the LGBT Coordinator for the American Immigration Lawyers Association of Northern California (AILA NorCal)
- Spoken on immigration law panels regarding LGBT asylum issues, immigration law challenges to the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA), and the permanent residency process for same-sex couples
Partner Christina H. Lee currently serves as “Of Counsel” with NCLR and represents NCLR clients pro bono in asylum proceedings before USCIS and the Immigration Court.
Press and Media Regarding Our Work In LGBTQIA Immigration
- The Advocate
- ABS-CBN News
- Tulane Lawyer: page 34-35
- Close Removal Proceedings
- Watch Camiel discuss Immigration Law on public television
Contact Our Law Firm For Help
If you face an issue in LGBT immigration, contact our Oakland immigration lawyers for help.