On November 2, Christina H. Lee will present a legal education course called “Overview of Asylum Procedures from Asylum Office to Immigration Court” for the Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights. The program is aimed at training lawyers who will represent indigent asylum seekers pro bono. Becker & Lee LLP partners Camiel Becker and Christina H. Lee both mentor attorneys who offer pro bono representation to the LCCR’s asylum project.
Below is an overview of the LCCR Fall Asylum Seminar:
LCCR Fall Asylum Seminar
November 2, 1:30-5:00 p.m.
November 3, 1:30-5:00 p.m.
Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe
405 Howard Street
San Francisco, California
MCLE credit: 5 hours*
Wednesday, November 2
- Overview of LCCR’s Asylum Program (Megan Sallomi, LCCR)
- Overview of Asylum Law, with focus on “Particular Social Group” Ground (Christine Lin, Center for Gender and Refugee Studies)
- Overview of Asylum Procedure from Asylum Office to Immigration Court (Christina Lee, Becker & Lee and Chelsea HaleyNelson, HaleyNelson and Heilbrun, LLP)
Thursday, November 3
- Investigating Your Case (Megan Sallomi, LCCR)
- Working with Traumatized Clients: A Pyschological Perspective (Psychologist Adrianne Aron)
- Presenting the Asylum Case in Immigration Court (featuring Immigration Judge Lyons, in his personal capacity)
*The Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights certifies that this activity has been approved or MCLE credit by the State Bar of California in the amount of 5 hours
To RSVP, please contact Silvia Contreras at firstname.lastname@example.org.