On Tuesday, September 9, 2014 from 6:30 to 8 pm, Camiel Becker and Emily Wages will present an overview of immigration options for startups and entrepreneurs at Hattery, a startup incubator and events space located in San Francisco’s SoMa district. Hattery is located at 414 Brannan St in San Francisco.
This event is free and open to the public.
Topics covered will include:
- Overview of temporary work visas and permanent residency applications
- Issues and pitfalls for startups
- How hard is it to get visas for startups that are new, small, and/or young?
- Self-petitioning vs visas that require a traditional offer of employment
- Visa hurdles for telecommuters and those based out of co-working spaces
- How you can prove a startup is viable to a government agency that expects a company to look more traditional